Saturday, June 21, 2014

Sony Xperia Z2 now available in the Philippines!!! Should I ditch my Xperia Z1?

Sony Xperia Z2 - MWC14
Sony Xperia Z2 - MWC14 (Photo credit: Ridble)
Last October I bought my Xperia Z1.  My main reason of buying it was its camera and many possibilities I can do with a waterproof phone. My phone malfunctioned after 1 month.  Luckily, it was replaced after 2 months of waiting.  I am happy with it ever since.

Although I missed many important occasions and events while the my phone is in the service centre like Christmas, New Year, Sinulog, and Valentine's day, I was able to utilize my Z1 in the summer. I was able to take countless of underwater shots with it.  I am happy Xperia Z1 owner.

Recently, Sony Philippines launched Xperia Z2 in the country.  The new model is a bit thinner than its predecessor that came out less than a year ago. The Z2 has 4k video capability and it has the ability to record slow motion video as well. It's rear camera is the same but the front camera now is at 2.2 MP. The display is slightly larger at 5.2 inches. The introductory price is at 33,990.

This is one heck of a phone but I will not sell my Z1 for a Z2 since I felt that my Xperia Z1 can still satisfy my needs. If I ever I am going to upgrade my phone it will probably be Xperia Z4 once it arrives. 

The nice thing about the Z1 series is that it is the kind of phone that you can truly enjoy using. If you love shooting pics, this phone is for you. A rarely use the 20 MP mode but the intelligent auto at 8MP really captures better pictures compared to the smart phones of my friends. 

Having a better phone camera has its downside though as you become the official photographer when you go out with your friends.  It could be tiring and annoying sometimes but it's not an issue with me. Because of the Xperia Z1, my instagram account came alive.

I will not ditch my Xperia Z1 just yet.  There is a slim chance though that I will get an Xperia Z2 if I avail a Smart Plan 2000. Here is link of their Xperia Z2 unliLTE deal.  That's another thing I like about the Xperia Z line. LTE baby! Super-fast connection which makes the phone an ideal workmate. LTE allows you to Upload pics, do Emails, post in Instagram, check in with Swarm and Foursquare, and many more.  It maximizes what your smart phone can do.

If you are planning to buy a premium smart phone right now, you should consider the Xperia Z2.  If you cannot afford it, you can probably get a good deal with an Xperia Z1 or Z1 compact.  If you are looking for a waterproof Tab, you better ask about the Xperia Z2 Tablet. 

Tell me about your Xperia experience?


No comments:

Post a Comment