Thursday, August 7, 2014

QX10 Adventures: Milo Little Olympics


I recently decided to buy a QX10 lens camera. I have been trying to improve the image quality of my phone and I realized that no smart phone can match the IQ of a digital camera. The main reason is that due to it size limitations, the image sensors of phone cameras are way smaller than a digital camera.  


I kinda missed my DSLR but since it is still out of commission, I have to find an alternative.  I do not have enough cash yet to start buying the mirror less wonders so I decided to get the QX10.  In the Philippines, this Sony product sells a shade below 10,000 pesos. 

The QX10 can be used as a stand alone digital camera but it will be kinda weird because it has no viewfinder and you will not be able to preview the image that you took. Its full potential can only be unleashed if you pair it with a smart phone. It can connect to your smartphone via two ways.  You can use wifi or NFC if your phone has one.  For non-Sony smartphones, you have to download Playmemories mobile from Istore or Google Play Store.  The app is for FREE. 

Since I am using an Xperia Z1, I did not have a hard time initialising my new smart phone setup. The QX10 can easily be attached to any smartphone. There is a bit of lag in connecting to PlayMemories but it isn't much of a hassle. Once connected, you just probably upgraded your mobile photography possibilities tenfold. You can zoom in without much loss of detail and the 2M pixel copy in your smartphone is sharp enough to be posted in Instagram or Facebook.  You have to option to have an 18 MP copy but transfer rates could be long and if you are a happy snapper, you will easily eat up your phone's memory.  I am content with the 2 MP option.

I decided to bring the QX10 in a sporting event.  I went to the Milo Little Olympics Visayas eliminations and watched volleyball, basketball, and taekwondo. I was blown away with some of the shots a took.  It was clear and the QX10 was able to capture some nice action shots.
















All in all, I was quite happy with the first few photos of the QX10-Xperia Z1 combo.  I will be posting more shots and I expect to have better photos in smart phone unfriendly situations. 

posted from Bloggeroid

No comments:

Post a Comment