Sunday, August 26, 2012

My new Camera: Sony A57

After 3 years of using my dependable Sony A330, I decided it was time for an upgrade.  I decided on buying the Sony A57.  One major reason is that it is a Sony and I can still use my A-mount lenses like my super durable Minolta 70-210 4 Beercan. Another good reason was Citibank's 24 months zero interest paylite scheme on the unit.

What do I like with my new A57? Here some of my early observations.


  1. Super fast - Since the camera is capable of 12 fps, it will be easier for me to take photos of people in motion like in sports.  Jump shots are so easy with this camera.
  2. Videos - There are times that photos are not enough.  The camera is capable of capturing moments in HD.
  3. Panorama shoot - I do not have wide angled lenses but I would not need as well as the camera has a panorama mode where you can practically make panorama images in just a few seconds. No more stitching since the cam can do it for you.  Panorama can even be in 3D.
  4. Picture effects - I really have fun playing with the color effects and the other PS-type modes that this camera offers.
  5. Auto HDR - Get better details on landscape photos with this feature.
  6. Handheld Twilight - You can get clear for night shoots even without the use of a tripod.
  7. Auto + and Auto - The camera is so easy to use that even my mom or my young nephews can shoot nice pictures with it. 
So far, I really love using my new cam. I will be sharing more photos soon....







No comments:

Post a Comment